Bike to Work Day, Kickstart and More! A busy, fun filled weekend!
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2014
This weekend isn't just a bike ride and revealing of some public art: It's so much more than that! As we started looking at what we could feature on our social media channels, we realized that there are so many events happening that we didn't know where to start! Plus, there are some great events this evening leading up to tomorrow that we wanted to make sure we featured. Check out our list below!
We had a great turnout today at the Bike to Work Day breakfast. Many bike commuters braved the cold and came on down for coffee, bagels, and sweet treats. Whether you joined us for Bike to Work Day or not, you can still come on down for the Bike to Work Day After Party! Grab a beer, food, and listen to some music down at the Fort Wayne Outfitters. The event runs from 5 to 8 PM. On your way home, swing by the Arts United Campus on Main Street to register for the Spring Cycle tomorrow morning. Beat the rush! You can register this evening from 5 to 8 PM. If you miss it, no worries! You can still register tomorrow from 7 to 9 AM.
In addition to Kickstart, there are a ton of other great events happening downtown, either as part of Kickstart or just coincidentally! There's so much to do, we're just going to put it all in a list in order of starting time so you can make sure you don't miss anything you may want to check out.
- 9 AM - The Barr Street Market (Open to the Public) - The market opens for the season tomorrow! The annual summer farmer's market will be open until 1 PM.
- 9 AM - Fort Wayne Farmer's Market Indoor Market (Open to the Public) - The last indoor market of the season will take place at Parkview Field from 9 AM to 1 PM.
- 9:30 AM - Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle (Registration Fee Applies) - The annual tour, which had 1200+ participants in 2013, starts at 9:30 AM! Choose from 18, 33 or 43 mile routes. You can register if you haven't already between 7 and 9 AM on Saturday.
- 10 AM - Kickstart4Kids (Free) - Kid-friendly activities provided by local organizations including an obstacle course, Build Your Own Trail Mix, helmet and bike fittings and checks, bike safety and education, and a family bike ride at noon. There are also kids' art activities being put on by FAME. The event runs until 3 PM.
- 10 AM - Muster on the St. Marys at the Old Fort (Free, Donations Accepted) - Head down to the Old Fort to see re-enactments and learn about life in times past. The event runs until 4 PM.
- 10 AM - Appleseed Comic Con (Paid Admission) - Celebrating comics, art and community, the event is held at the Grand Wayne Center on Saturday and Sunday. Open till 6 PM.
- 11 AM - Fairy Tale Fest (Paid Admission) - One ticket will get you into nine different performances and the Art Museum. Among the performances you'll see Snow White, The Brothers Grimm, The Little Mermaid, and many more! See the full list at the link to the left.
- 12 PM - Visit Fort Wayne's 65th Anniversary Open House (Free) - Stop by and learn something you didn't know about your city! Who knows, maybe you'll find a new attraction or event you didn't know about. The open house runs until 4 PM.
- 12 PM - Spring Trolley (Free) - The Downtown Improvement District will be running the free spring trolley to shuttle you between all the cool downtown events. Catch the trolley at 9 different stops around town until 4 PM. (Map available here).
- 2 PM - The Old Crown Brass Band (Free) - The band will perform in front of the Arts United Center on main street.
- 6:30 PM - The Unofficial Kickstart After Party at One Lucky Guitar (Free) - Join the Final Hurrahs as they perform at the B-Side at One Lucky Guitar. The event is free and features food, drinks, and the performance at 7:15.
Posted inblog comments powered by Disqus