(This year's event is complete! Thanks to all who came out for the race. Save the date for next year's event on August 9th, 2014 at the Dupont YMCA! For our other events, check out our event calendar.)
Thank you all for participating!
We had 410 registered 5k runners and walkers, and 54 kids' fun run participants. A huge thank you to the 12 committee members who helped plan the event and make sure it ran smoothly, the 30+ volunteers on race day, more than 20 sponsors, and countless family and friends who joined in the fun.
If you enjoyed this event, please consider signing up for our fall race, the Trail Blazer 5k/10k on October 20th. We hope to see you there!
Numerous photographers have already uploaded their photos of the event. Along with photos taken by FWT staff, these photos give a great view of the day's activities! Click below to see the different available albums.
2013 Event Info
Join us for the 4th Annual Pufferbelly 5K Family Run/Walk and 1 Mile Kids' Fun Run. A portion of our race will be run on the Salomon Farm Trail and the newly constructed section of the Pufferbelly Trail from the Parkview YMCA to Wallen Road.
The proceeds from this event will be used to further our work in converting the former New York Railroad into a paved recreational path that, when completed, will link downtown Fort Wayne to Pokagon State Park in Angola.
The 1 Mile Kids' Fun Run starts at 8 AM, and the 5k Run and Walk starts at 8:30 AM.
Location and Parking
Salomon Farm Park
817 W. Dupont Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
The race will start and finish at the Salomon Farm Park located on the south side of Dupont Road between Coldwater Road and Lima Road. Follow the signs for directions on where to park.
The race route is available on Google Maps by clicking here.
- Race day registration begins August 10, 2012 from 7am to 8am.
- All pre-registered participants must check-in at the registration table to pick-up their packet the day of the race.
T-shirts will be given to all 5K participants who pre-register by July 19, 2013. Limited quantities will be available to all others on the day of the event. Performance shirts
are available (in lieu of t-shirt) for an additional $10.00.
- Timing chips will be used to ensure accurate times for all runners.
- Awards will be given out at the completion of the 5K Run/Walk.
- All pre-registered participants in the Kids' Fun Run will receive a participation award. Limited quantities will be available to all others on the day of the event.
- Live music, refreshments, kids games and Sweetcakes the Clown.
- Participants in the 5K will be eligible for door prizes.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org